I know , you will be thinking. That’s what mosquito repellents are for. Then what new idea will I bring to the table . But did you know that most of these artificial repellents have very toxic chemicals in them that can be very hazardous to health ? . But you are in luck as I am bringing to you some natural and amazing ways to be away from those irritating jabs
The real question that all of us have is
It seems that people with a high concentration of cholesterol or steroids on the skin’s surface that attract mosquitoes along with those people who produce a great amount of uric acid or lactic acid that can trigger a mosquito’s sense of smell.
Another discovery is that Mosquitoes swarm closer to people who give out more carbon dioxide which would include pregnant women, obese people etc.
What can the mosquito bites cause ‘
Mosquitoes are very dangerous can are carriers of many deadly dieseaes . Some of them are
- Yello Fever
All the above are very dangerous and we have to to be careful that such diseases are contained and the best way to contain them is to contain the mosquito bites.
So what are those natural remedies that I promised earlier . Here are some of them. Please also share with us any natural remedies that you have so that I can add to the post here for everyone’s benefit
- Add a handful of fresh parsley in a mortar and crush it. Then add about 100 ml of apple cider vinegar. Mash together. Let the mixture sit for a few hours. Strain it and put in a spray bottle. Voila, it’s ready to use. You can also add some essential oil for a pleasant smell. spray it on you and around
- Slice three limes and press in them 15 cloves . Keep it in a plate . This supposedly keeps the mosquitoes away
- Plant fresh lavender or geranium around the foundation of the house
- Neem oil acts as a great indoor mosquito-repellent owing to its smell that wards off mosquitoes. One can make an effective insecticide by mixing neem oil and coconut oil in equal proportion and rub it on the exposed parts of a body.
- Another natural method to keep mosquitoes at bay is to plant Tulsi near the window panes. The plant has properties that do not allow mosquitoes to breed.
- A mixture of lemon oil and eucalyptus oil is extremely effective in warding off mosquitoes naturally. Both have the active component cineole in it carrying antiseptic and insect repellent properties, which makes them effective when applied to the skin.
Those are some natural repellents that you can have in the house that are not harmful yet will allow you to escape from those irritating pricks . As mentioned before please get back to us through comments as to what other natural repellents do you use . Please also comment on the effectiveness of these repellents from your experience .