The first Nokia Android phone has FINALLY got official. It’s called the Nokia 6 and will, according to reports, be one of MANY Android phones released by HMD Global throughout 2017.
I know a lot of you have been waiting for this launch for a long time, so we’ll get straight to it. First this is what the handset looks like:
As for specs, we are looking at 4 GB of RAM, 64 GB of internal storage alongside microSD support, Snapdragon 430 CPU, a 16 megapixel main camera, and a 3,000 mAh battery.
The handset is made of single piece of aluminium as a solid black slate. The entire frontage is more of less taken up by its 5.5in 1080p display which looks gorgeous.
The Nokia 6 will run Android Nougat out the box but, unfortunately, is only launching in China at the moment. The reason? China is still a growth market, so it will be easier for Nokia to establish itself there. We sincerely hope it will release in other markets soon enough
As the specs suggest this is a mid-range handset. The price will be low, hence HMD’s focus on China where price is a HUGE driving force for adoption. The handset will be priced at around $245, making it very accessible.
The Nokia 6 will be available inside early January and will be exclusively available in China via JD.com.
We are keeping our hopes alive for flagship models from the company that we loved dear for the sturdy and user friendly handsets.
Nokia 6 First Look Video
Nokia 6 Detailed Specifications
- 154 x 75.8 x 7.85 mm (raised part of the camera 8.4 mm)
- 5.5 inch IPS LCD screen resolution: Full HD (1920 x 1080, 16: 9) 2.5 D surface glass
- Corning third generation Gorilla Glass 403 ppi
- Sunlight reading technology 450 nits brightness
- Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz CDMA: CDMA 2000 / EVDO Rev. A (BC0) TD-SCDMA: Band 34,39 FDD LTE: Band 1, 3, 5 TDD LTE: Band 38,39,40,41
- Network speed LTE Cat. 4, 150 Mbps DL / 50 Mbps UL
- Operating system: Android 7.0 Android ™ Nougat
- Processor Qualcomm® Xeon ™ 430 eight-core processor
- 4GB RAM LPPDDR 3
- 64GB mass storage (available storage capacity is less than this value, because the mobile phone software space)
- Up to support 128GB microSD card
- Rear camera: 16 million pixels 1, phase focus PDAF, 1.0um sensor, f / 2 aperture, dual tone flash
- Front camera: 800 million pixels 1, 1.12um sensor, f / 2 aperture, the maximum wide-angle 84˚
- Data connection / sensor
- Micro USB (USB 2.0), OTG, 3.5mm ADJ headphone interface
- Light sensor, proximity sensor, accelerometer (gravity sensor), electronic compass, gyroscope, front fingerprint sensor, Hall sensor
- Battery capacity 3000 mAh (non-removable)
- Theoretical standby time / talk time
- Maximum standby time: 32 days
- Maximum talk time (3G): 18 hours
- Maximum music playback time: 22 hours
- Audio up and down dual speakers, smart amplifier chip (TFA9891), Dolby Technology Dolby Atmos ®